Monday 11 November 2013

Day 9 - Melbourne Cup Day

The race that stops the nation what a day!!!!!

My day started off great I was up and out of bed with little miss ready for an awesome day of sunshine, horses and champagne.  I promised myself that I would do my ICE session that day and I did.  It almost killed me but I knew I needed to get something right that day.
 
What can I say about the rest of my day it was soooooo much fun.  My husband and I spent the day at the local races with family enjoying the good life.  We had lovely food supplied by the gourmet chef in the gold marquee and drank A LOT of champagne!  I had a few wins nothing that I can retire on but I came home with $10 extra than what I started with........WINNER!!!!!!!!!
 
We kept the party going that evening going out for post races dinner at The Spanish Bar and Grill a local steak restaurant.  After some very funny phone calls to Scotland (my brother in laws mother), at 11pm it was time to call it a night and head home.
 
Although I did drink a lot and eat a bit today I made smart choices as far as my food was concerned.  I tried to stay away from the creamy sauces, I had steak for dinner and minimal bread. 
 
My thought for today is a funny one:

No comments:

Post a Comment