Monday 11 November 2013

Day 10 - The day after the race that stops the nation

Ahhhhhhhh child why must you wake at 7am when mummy and daddy just want to sleep in!
 
Thank god my lovely husband got up with little miss and let me sleep in.....sooooo tired!!!!!
 
To be honest today was a no go for anything!  I made terrible food choices, I did no exercise and generally felt like absolute pooh!
 
I was speaking to a work colleague tonight about my body image.  There is no denying I'm fat and overweight, I'm still carrying my 'baby' weight which I'm not proud of!  I mentioned to her that I hate what I call my 'mummy tummy', she said something that really made me think, she said 'mummy tummies are war wounds, wear yours with pride while you work it down'. 
 
This made me think about all the good things I have in my life.  Yes I hate being overweight and yes I hate when I look in the mirror but I'm so thankful of the precious gift I now have because of my 'mummy tummy'. 
 
I look at my tummy differently now, don't get me wrong I still hate being fat!  On that note I'm going to leave you with the following quote, I think we can all take something from it!


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment